Monday, February 27, 2012

Dream Transcription

Okay, so it's not a PERFECT dream transcription, but it's pretty close. I took some liberties with it, but I've pretty much set this piece within the circumstances and physical setting of a dream I had the other night. Hence some pretty weird-sounding stuff...

No particular questions for this one. All comments welcome! :)

"Hide and Seek"

I will not freeze my flesh in stone.

But oh, my love--
look for me in the garden of the dead,
search for me swiftly
in the graveyard for the gods of ages gone.

Like skittering beetles
we watch the pearl sun set
grey over the lighthouse.

Hide and seek--

With chalk on my fingers
I inscribe circles in the dust,
crop circles in the dust.

Trembling, the figures rise above me,
and I lie, seedlike,
waiting for my green tail
to grow skyward.
I draw my blanket
tighter around my body
and breathe with the ocean
and let you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment