Friday, December 7, 2012

Odysseus

Thought about how Odysseus' wife must have felt when hearing about his adventures.

I know I'd be pissed.

Ottava rima completed for DFC '12 day 3. Again, not entirely happy with it (I'd love to spend more time getting to know these forms a bit better, but I'm still behind, so I'm still simply trying to catch up at present!), but I think it's better than the Isaac Asimov one I did the other day...

"I am no Witch-Queen, but I Bide My Time"

I waited for you, my Odysseus.
For ten long years I waited, all alone.
Men have called for me, lusty, pitiless -
and you, yes, you passed beyond all you've known,
found comfort in other arms - delicious,
weren't they? Distractions from the voyage home.
And, love, I'm no Medea, no witch-queen,
but I will bide my time, and act, unseen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment