Sunday, March 25, 2012

Asheville, NC

Bit frustrated with this. Couldn't get some version of a Gaelic accent out of my head while I was writing this (probably due to too much BBC), so instead of an accent to match the place it was written about, you've got something COMPLETELY out of left field.

And even then I still feel like its not quite there.

Anyway, spent the weekend with my partner up in Asheville. I just love it up there :)



All comments apprecated!


"Swans 'n' Ducklins"

Oh, Swanannoa,
swan aye kno',
comin'round th' mountans, she is.

Th' clouds're descendin on these 'ills
like feastin pagans,
a great gray sea,
pregnan'n purple
wi' lightnin.

Th' Blue Ridge Moun'ins march
like ducklins,
still brown'n feathered wi' winter.

Ainno wind in these sails,
   ainno wind under these swan wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment