Tuesday, March 13, 2012

River of Lover

So technically this topic is the title of a song that I'm not particularly fond of. So I simply wrote about rivers and lovers.

Was watching the 2007 version of Jane Austen's Persuasion. LOL ANTHONY STEWART HEAD I LOVE YOU. He was awesome. But seriously, I love melodrama, but this thing went WAY OVER THE TOP. I love the book, but they spent way too long making Anne literally run all over Bath searching for the Captain. Seriously. Ten minutes of her running. Could have edited that out. And then they spent two minutes on the moment right before the kiss, as they got closer...and closer....and surpassed adorable and went straight into the territory of awkward.

But some of the cinematography of Anne running around Bath was lovely, so I wrote a quick little poem about it :) Sometimes short and sweet is the best way to go!

"Lover over the Thames"

Hush--
    I am still
       but for the beating
          of heart and legs.

I am an arrow
    flying to you
       across the bridges of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment