Monday, May 16, 2011

Texture

Accompanying music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIKHFN0svc
I have been wanting to write a poem about this video for AGES! I think it's magnificent and there's so much texture in it! Still not entirely sure what I think of the poem itself. Not as tactile as I'd like. But I tried to sort of give the language a little texture, too - what do you think of the gentle drawl?

I'd love comments on imagery/composition/flow/etc

"Love Song from the Wool to the Lace"

Unroll me,
smooth and gentle-like.
Gentle like wool.

Darlin',
you can rock
back and forth to me -
I whisper between your fingers,
soft 'til I've been gathered up by rough wooden sticks
and made whole again -
a sweet tangle of colored thistles,
clinging to your ankles.

I can be rubbed and crushed
safely between palms,
but I barely dare to take you in my hands,
my spider-lace.

You are twisted silk, dear,
sighing Victoria wallpaper,
finger-tip tender.

Twirl, lover.
Let me feel your threads
flick their kisses against my cheeks.
You are the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

We nod our heads together,
long hair and silk skirts
tickling our toe-tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment