Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Satellite

This went....somewhere

I meditated on a prompt to think about something that didn't happen. And this resulted. What the hell?

No, I have never been fitted for a wedding dress. But damn, did I have to fend that one guy's mother off.... It was a near miss, let me tell you...


Comments appreciated!

"Trajectory"

I wonder what would have happened
if we hadn't awkwardly made out on my couch
that night.

What I most dread is that there was something
inevitable about it, that your mother
fitting me for her old wedding dress
dragged the whole thread of my life
inexorably forward.

That we were somehow built as
satellites; and all I can do
is think about all the other stars
I might have seen if some NASA scientist
had calculated the trajectory of my flight
just wrong enough, and set me free
of the earth's gravity field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment