Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vincent Van Gogh

NaPoWriMo day 5! I am off to Wrightsville beach this afternoon. Looking forward to chilling out a bit (more) :)

Had some fun with this one!

All comments welcome.

"When I am Old I Shall be Like Vincent Van Gogh"

When I am old
I shall go about in an old straw hat
with my ears bandaged, for I will not need to hear.

I will lie in hayfields
and watch the crows fly into a sky so blue
it reflects the hell that is waiting for me.

And I will cackle to myself
and wait to become an ornery old scarecrow
with a stick so far up my ass it keeps my aging spine from slipping.

At last,
when the darkness comes for me, I will put on my purple funeral dress
and lay out tea and cakes for the reaper, for I can't see a reason
not to be civil about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment